We rely on our brilliant volunteer drivers to keep our minibuses on the road. The help they provide is deeply appreciated. The unpaid hours they put in can be literally life-changing for our passengers.
We rely on a small pool of around 15 to 20 male and female volunteer drivers. If you’d like to join our driving team, we would be very keen to hear from you if you’re:
- a driver between 25 and 69 years of age
- have a few hours a week to spare
- ideally live within a four-mile radius of Newcastle town centre
- able-bodied, as we may ask you to help passengers get to and from our vehicles
- The work is most suitable for retired people, or for those looking for a stepping stone into paid employment.
In return for helping us, we provide flexible hours and the personal satisfaction of helping to deliver an essential community service. You will also become a valued member of our team and be invited to our regular volunteer driver lunches.
You’ll be more than a driver to some of our passengers – you’ll be a valued friend as well.
If your talents lie elsewhere, you may still be able to help us in other ways. For example, we have backroom staff that help to keep the charity running smoothly.
Contact us today if you are interested in Volunteering.